Saturday, June 12, 2010

Why Moms and Daughters Should Not Share the Same Bathroom

It’s a little after four A.M. and my daughter is in my bathroom throwing up. No kidding, it's 4 A.M. I am a good mom so I call out to her but she doesn’t answer. I’m kind of glad that she didn’t answer because I hate helping people throw up. I’ve been helping people throw up in the middle of the night for most of my adult life which is a really long time and frankly it makes me sick. Really now I feel sick.

Seriously, my stomach is starting to hurt. I say the stomach cramp prayer: stomach cramps please go away. There is no way to go back to sleep when my stomach hurts and it’s not going to quit hurting till she stops yakking in my bathroom. Great, now I’m nauseous. Now I’m nauseous and I have to pee.

Let me think about this. She has been in my bathroom throwing up which means now I have to clean. I have to clean the bathroom before I can pee. This is sounding like a lot of work to me so maybe I don’t have to pee. Yes I do but I won’t think about it and I’ll just write.

There’s quiet in the house now at 5:30 in the morning. Yep, it’s still the same morning. Peace overcomes the land, it is dark, I even cleaned a little in the bathroom and went to pee and now I feel a tiredness coming on. But now I’m itchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment